21 Quote Salute to Teachers
May 3, 2014
It’s time for “Teacher Appreciation Week!” In my World there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t appreciate all the amazing educators out there making a difference for our children.
So…HERE’S TO YOU Teachers:
My “21-Quote Salute” to Teachers
1. Teacher: “Where is Your Homework?” Student: “Lost it fighting the kid who said you weren’t the best teacher in the school!” (so-relateable-tublr.com)
2. “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” –Tom Brokaw
3. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” –Nelson Mandela
4. “By teaching you will learn. By learning you will teach.” – Latin Proverb
5. “I touch the future. I teach.” – Christa McAuliffe
6. “One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” –Philip Wylie
7. “The best part of teaching is that it matters. The hardest part of teaching is that every moment matters, every day.” –Todd Whitaker
8. “No one masters something that they’re not passionate about.” – Grant Wiggins
9. “Those who can, teach; those who can’t, go into some much less significant line of work.” – Todd Whitaker
10. “It’s one thing to say we have high expectations for kids…but another to say I will be here to help you…no matter your struggles!” – Salome Thomas-El
11. “A good teacher is like a candle. It consumes itself to light the way for others.” –Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
12. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” –John F. Kennedy
13. “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” –Colleen Wilcox
14. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”–Henry Brooks Adams
15. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” –William Butler Yeats
16. “Teaching is the profession that teaches all of the other professions.”-unknown
17. “A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank…but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.” -Forest Witcraft
18. “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” — Albert Einstein
19. “Every child deserves a champion- an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.” –Rita Pierson
20. “If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn’t need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around.“–Jim Rohn
21. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our most gratitude.” –Cynthia Ozick
THANK YOU TEACHERS/EDUCATORS/LIFE-CHANGERS!
You are the difference in the lives of our children.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!